Friday, August 8

May I see your license and French Bulldog, please?


Amber's foster mom sent a funny/scary story the other day we thought you'd like to read. Oh, the hazards of volunteering!

"The other day I left my local grocery store, drove across the intersection and as I am passing the Walgreen's I see a police car waiting to pull out. As always I made sure I was going the speed limit and used my directional signals, but when I looked in my rearview mirror the police car was riding on my bumper. I mean...so close that if I hit my brakes, he would have been in my back seat!

I used my left turn signal, made my turn, went about half a block and hit a red light. I stopped and saw out of the corner of my eye that the police car had pulled up on my driver's side just inches from my side mirror. I tried to avoid eye contact, but he hit his siren for a split second, so I had to look over. He motioned for me to roll down my window, which, of course, I did.



"Who, me?"




Then he says, "So...do you work work with French Bulldog Rescue? Do you have any info" After I almost wet my seat, I said that yes, I did and if he wanted to pull into the next parking lot I would give him my card and a tri-fold brochure. We talked for a few minutes and he said he would look at the website right away. (Down here the police officers all have laptops in their cruisers) As I pulled away he was already tapping the keys on his laptop computer..."

Amber's foster mom is trying to think of ways to get back those 3 or 4 years of life the officer scared out of her! Amber is waiting for a forever family.

The Frog Princess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Policemen are our friends - maybe he will adopt a Frenchie or knows someone who will!