Wednesday, November 5

Titan

Titan was surrendered with Flower a couple of weeks ago. He has made his way to a foster home occupied by the infamous Roma, and they are getting along like old friends.


Titan has never been a house dog before, so there is a lot to get used to. He's a titanic hunk of silly lunk, and he had his pockets picked yesterday, so he'll be ready for the available page very soon. Keep an eye out for him, he's a real sweetheart!

Here's what his foster mom had to say about him on his first day:

He is a big boy. Not really tall but wide as can be. He is sweet but nervous with new things. He was in the bathroom and afraid of the porcelain god. He is good with Roma
and Emma.

He loves to play with the dogs but is some what shy with people. He did come right up to me and greeted me, but when I reached down to pet him I could see he was shy. I think with a little time and socialization he will do great. He is 19 months old and I would guess his weight at 34 lbs. Since he is healthy and up to date I am going to give him a few days and then will take him to my vet and schedule his neuter. His skin looks good and I think his weight is good for his frame. He doesn't look fat or skinny. I will let you know how he does as time passes."

And here's an update after a few days of life in a house:

"Well Titan was allowed to meet G. today. They wrestled and played for hours. They did zoomies in the yard until both were exhausted.

Titan is not housebroken and proved it to me twice today. I also believe he is part Mississippi leg hound. We started calling him Humper today because every time he got a chance he humped: Beaux's head, the stuffie, you name it, he humped it.

He is real sweet and comes to both Tim and me for cuddles and loving. He is afraid to lie on his back for tummy rubs but will lie on his side. He politely objects with a whine and howl about going in his crate. We place him in it and he turns around, trying to run out before we close the door. We are giving him treats and feeding him in the crate to make it a positive thing for him.

He will make someone a very special pet. I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. He has gotten along well with all the dogs we have introduced him to and was curious about the horses but not snapping,barking or lunging at them. Here are some pictures from today."

Such a lot of energy! Just looking at these photos is enough to create a strong desire for a nap in

The Frog Princess

No comments: