Wednesday, March 26

Dinkie

We recently took in three dogs from Colorado who'd been living outdoors for some time. Pogo and Pepper are on the foster page and we recently got some photos and an update on the third Frenchie. Here's her foster mom's note about her newest foster girl:
"Her name is Dinkie and she is a brindle with white markings. Although I can't find a stripe on her, the caste to her coat is a chestnut color. She is so sleek and shiny, she looks like a baby seal.


She is absolutely gorgeous! She is two years old, and lived outside that whole time. She has a some conjunctivitis in her left eye that is getting treated and her little nose is a bit dry. Other than that, her vet tests came back very good. She came to us already spayed. She weighs about 25lbs. I swear she could jump in my arms if I let her. She is that athletic! I'm always so afraid they'll injure their backs, so I try to deter that kind of high flying activity.

"She's something else! We all fell in love with her immediately. She is great with kids, dogs, and probably cats. I'll introduce her to some friends' cats to see how she does. She met the neighbors' screaming papillions and she just kept looking through the fence at them wondering what the heck all the noise was about. I called her name and she trotted right on up to me. She is the happiest little girl I have ever seen. I can't say enough good things about her.

"...She has never lived in a house, but is quickly learning what she needs to know. She's very excitable at first, has a lot of energy, but calms down quickly and is content to cuddle like a baby.....my favorite thing in a foster dog. :o) She will need a family that will give her a TON of time. After living outdoors for two years, she will not be content to ever do so again!

"I go out with her to do her potty, because she will not do it on her own, even with another dog outside with her. She is desperate to be with humans and she certainly deserves a home that will give her as much time as possible.


"I have not had time to "capture" the beauty of this girl, but I will include a few photos that I have hurriedly snapped. I promise to get her outside and show her in all her glory. She will not be around for long, because she is as sweet as she is adorable."

Oh, boy. Batten down the hatches! Here comes the deluge for Dinkie! warns
The Frog Princess

2 comments:

Jill Chodak said...

I would love to adopt Dinkie!! We live in Colorado and are desperate for another baby!! Please let us know how we can give this little frog a good home!
Jill

Jill Chodak said...

I would love to adopt Dinkie!! We live in Colorado and are desperate for another baby!! Please let us know how we can give this little frog a good home!
Jill