Friday, January 4

Become a Volunteer!

Is one of your New Year's resolutions to become more involved in your community or to increase your volunteer participation?  Do you enjoy Frenchies? 

If so, please consider becoming a volunteer for French Bulldog Rescue Network!  Don't fret if you can't foster--though we always have need for foster families--we have plenty of opportunities for people to participate!

We need all kinds of volunteers, including people who can transport dogs by car or plane (whether their own planes or on commercial planes), people who can foster dogs, people who enjoy fundraising, writing, database upkeep, people management, and other areas.

One of the benefits of volunteering is getting to hear about the dogs' day to day improvement in behind the scenes access to our volunteer forum. It's also wonderfully educational to learn about all the health and behavior solutions our foster parents and their vets come up with.  You'll be shocked at what you don't know!

You'll learn more about how the organization works and you'll be part of our success in rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming French bulldogs in need.

If you have time and interest, please drop our Volunteer Coordinator (eden dot nava at fbrn dot net) a note.  Be sure you are writing from an active email address.

We'd love to have your help in finding Frenchies wonderful forever homes, so please consider this blog post an engraved invitation from

The Frog Princess


3 comments:

Julia said...

I emailed to volunteer and mentioned that I could not foster at the moment, had experience with boxers only, and would love to help out with transportation or other needs. I was sent back a template email explaining the qualifications for fostering and asking me to email my experience with dogs and a bunch of other things that I had already included in the other email.

I really didn't appreciate getting a blank template email that obviously proved that my carefully thought out email was not read before hand. Please read the emails that we send because we have the best intentions when emailing and I was disappointed that my email was completely disregarded with a blank template. (I work in customer service and receive over 200 emails per day so I totally sympathize with a large quantity of emails, but a personalized email that would have taken 1 minute more time would have been greatly appreciated).

That said- i really value what you all do and will continue to support the FBRN, of course.

Frog Princess said...

Oh, my goodness, I'm sorry you were annoyed! We did get 200 applications from this posting, and our system does tend to be automated for our volunteers' convenience when sorting who might be able to do what as we follow up on interest emails. I'll forward your email to our coordinator. I know she'll want to hear this feedback.
FP

Anonymous said...

How long does it typically take to get the form to fillout for volunteering? I got the email stating all the requirments,and emailed back this past weekend with my refrences even though I am still waiting for the form.
Nell