Thursday, May 22

Sigmund Frog Needs Help and Prayers


Sigmund Frog, an FBRN grad and school counselor at Patton Elementary School in Austin, TX, is very sick.

The local news station, KXAN,made a video about the children's efforts to save his life. You can read a transcript of the aired story here.



Please keep a good thought for the hard-working and beloved Sig and for his loving friends and patients.

The Frog Princess
PS One of our Austin volunteers is calling the school today to find out if there is a way to donate to Siggy's care! We'll post it as soon as we have the info.

PSS
When we asked Sig's mom, Kathy, how to make out the checks if we wanted to donate, this was her reply:
"As I am sitting here contemplating my blessings, I couldn't ask for a more supportive network than you've provided. I've got to tell you, I just appreciate the emotional support for Sig. I wish he didn't have to go through this but he is handling it well.
I believe it would benefit the network if they donated in Sig's name to FBRN. It is obviously an organization dear to my heart. O.K. tears are actually happening here. That's frequent at this point.
They played Sig's TV video at the school assembly this morning. I smiled on the outside but this is difficult to say the least. He did a beautiful job on his 2nd chemo treatment yesterday. I stayed with him to monitor the side effects when we got home. His oncologist and team have fallen for him too. He wore a bandana that said Doggie Oncologists have Good Bones. Now, they want T Shirts. Oh, he also made his famous almond bark popcorn mix for them.
Thanks again."
So that's the story. Sigmund's family is able to afford the cost of his treatment, and they'd prefer that donations be made to FBRN in his name. You can do that by clicking here.
If you'd like to leave a message of support for Sig and his family, you can do so by clicking on the word "comments" below and filling out the comment box.

We are sending Sig our love and positive vibrations. We'll keep readers posted on Sig's progress and condition,
The Frog Princess

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can i help with a donation?

Anonymous said...

Looks like the video link is not working. Here is a link to the text-only story.
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?s=8355843


I sure hope Sig gets his chemo!

Anonymous said...

the video link works u have to click on local and i think its on pg 2

Anonymous said...

my love and hope goes out to sig and his family!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's right here! I watch that channel. (missed this, tho.)

If you look carefully, there is a little icon on the top of the first pic for the video.

I'm going to see if they would like a stroller.

Steff