Friday, October 23

Momi Comes Out of Her Shell



Here's an update on Momi, whose name is the Hawai'ian word for pearl.

"I was absolutely thrilled last night and then again this morning...

Shy little Momi, who normally peels out when she sees my young boys,
was a warm, loving, cuddle bug with them over the weekend. Last
night, I walked into the living room to see her snuggled up next to
Caleb (my 10 year old). Parker (my 4 year old) decided to join them
and again, she let him - and even seemed to welcome the extra lovin'.
Then, this morning, she followed Caleb around the house as he was
getting ready for school and - get this - even pawed at his leg for
extra scritches when she thought he wasn't paying enough attention to
her. I was blown away!

This is a huge victory for her. I am so proud of Momi for being so
brave - and my boys for being so patient with her!"

Momi has come a long way, and her life has had many incarnations. Once a breeder, then a pet, and following the death of her owner, a dog who was thrown into the yard and neglected.

Stories of recovery from neglect and abuse tend to cause a bit of teariness for

The Frog Princess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Momi is a doll. I met her on her transport and even though she was shy her loving little spirit shone bright. I was completely smitten with her and am happy to hear she is doing so well. Whoever snaps her up is going to be very lucky to be on the receiving end of her quiet love.

Two French Bulldogs said...

AAhhhh great news for you and Momi. She is so cute
Benny & Lily

BRUTUS said...

That's a grateful Frenchie grin if I ever saw one!

Brutus & Michelle