Wednesday, March 17

A One Year Anniversary

Foster moms can't get enough news about their fosters once they are adopted. One of our foster moms received this wonderful email from one of her adopters. Perhaps we should name one of our incoming Frenchies, "Ruffles." No one can have just one.

"My friend just e-mailed me about adopting a Frenchie and I was going though all of my files from a year ago when I got Chanel. I can’t believe it has been a year!! She is seriously THE LOVE of my life. Thank you for all of the support. I couldn’t have
done this without you! I was laughing at the irony of the whole situation when I went back and re-read all of the emails! I was in ____ on Valentine’s Day weekend and my parents called me to come over to the mall. They were in the pet store – and had been in there for TWO hours with a baby boy French Bulldog. My father was begging my mom to get it for him for Valentine’s Day. The ended up not getting him (I told them they better rescue one!) but they said their next dog will be a Frenchie. Remember when they wouldn’t let me bring Chanel home? She definitely won them over!

My mom and I went to San Diego last September and my dad came and picked us up in his Cadillac – which is his pride and joy. As I was loading the luggage in the back I heard this snort and there was Miss Chanel – sitting right on the leather in the front seat!


Thank you so much for choosing me to be her forever mom. I love her to pieces and can’t imagine my life without her!! Thanks for all of your work for all of the Frenchies out there. The day I own my own home you will be receiving my application to be a foster mom!"


We are so happy to learn that this woman's family will be adopting a Frenchie in the future, and we truly hope they will adopt from rescue. If they choose to get a puppy, we hope they will do their homework, learn about the breeder, be sure they can meet the mom and dad and this is especially important, see the facilities where the puppies are being raised. Never buy a puppy from someone who won't let you come to her home. Never buy a puppy from someone who wants to meet you in a parking lot.
Never buy a puppy from someone who will sell a puppy to just anyone who has a credit card and will ship a puppy anywhere.

Expect the experience of buying a puppy to take some time, maybe months, until a puppy is available. Expect the breeder to want to talk to you at length. Expect a good breeder to want a home visit and/or a veterinary check. Are your current animals in good condition and up to date on their wellness visits? She'll want to know what kind of pet owner you are.


If you raised a puppy from the day of its birth, ask yourself if you would be willing to just hand a dog over to anyone who gave you money. Wouldn't you want to know that your puppy was going to be well cared-for? Good breeders will include a clause in the contract that says if for any reason you must give up the dog, you will get in touch with the breeder first, so she can take the dog back. Good breeders care about their dogs from the moment they are born until the day they cross the bridge.

This family is on the right track to adopting a puppy the right way, and we love that this woman is so happy with her FBRN girl! It's wonderful that she's out educating her family and friends, too!

The Frog Princess

3 comments:

Smushie Ranch said...

What a touching story. I love the part about Ms. Chanel sitting in the front seat of the Caddy. LOL!

Love,
Shannon and the Gang

Two French Bulldogs said...

aaahhhh great story..
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Chanel! It looks like she's got a tough life there, LOL! Front seat of the cadillac, indeed! Love the pictures and I always love to read those happy endings.

Thanks to Chanel's foster momma for spreading the word about not buying puppies from the store!

A Frenchie Fan